During August 2008, an archaeological survey was conducted west of Moshav Telamim (License No. S-56/2008; map ref. 16790/60770), prior to development work. The survey, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and underwritten by the Talmē Ge’ulat ‘Am Yisrael Association, was performed by E. Aladjem.
The survey was carried out in the spot where Qibbuz Beror Hayyil was established in 1947 (Fig. 1). The area is surrounded by defensive ramparts, and remains of outposts, communication trenches and underground buildings, which are remains of the old settlement, were visible. The area was surveyed because a Paleolithic site (500,000–200,000 YBP) was thought to have been located there.
No artifacts or ancient remains were found in the survey other than isolated flint flakes and fragments of modern pottery vessels.