During June 2010, a survey preceding development was conducted in Nahal Guvrin (License No. S-205/2010; map ref. 1873–93/6130–55), prior to planting trees. The survey, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and underwritten by the Jewish National Fund, was directed by E. Aladjem.
The survey was performed northwest of Qibbuz Bet Guvrin, along both banks of Nahal Guvrin. The surface in the southern region of the survey is characterized by dense high vegetation and was therefore not surveyed. No ancient remains were found.