During November 2011, a survey prior to development was conducted north of Moshav Yoshivya (License No. S-315/2011; map ref. 1622/5960). The survey, undertaken on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority and underwritten by the Jewish National Fund, was performed by G. Seriy, D. Igorov and S. Gal (GPS).
The survey area extends within a planted forest, c. 800 m north of Yoshivya (c. 300×500 m), and the Nahal Yoshivya channel, which encircles the moshav and the forest from the east (Figs. 1, 2). Remains of the village Mukhraka, dating to the Ottoman period and the time of the British Mandate, are found in much of the forest. Nearby, beyond the limits of the survey area, is the Talmē Bilu (West) antiquities site, whose southern part is being eroded away by Nahal Yoshivya, which empties into Nahal Hannun.
Potsherds from the Byzantine and Late Ottoman periods are scattered throughout the survey area. Two sites (1, 2) were documented.
1 (map ref. 161880/596042). A meager scatter of flint tools from the Chalcolithic period (c. 5×5 m) on a path of wadi pebbles. It seems that the flint artifacts were brought here together with the wadi pebbles for the purpose of building the path, and their provenance is unknown.
2 (map ref. 161737/596651; Fig. 3). Architectural remains built of chalk, kurkar and fired mud bricks (Fig. 4), as well as potsherds from the Byzantine period (c. 30×50 m) were documented in the Nahal Yoshivya channel.